Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The first day

Yesterday started out as a great day and then got really, really bad.

I woke up and took myself to Talbot Hall to initiate my entry process. I sat through 3 episodes of SVU and finally got the "call back" for assessment. Yep, I am an alcoholic. Yep, I need treatment.

I, in some delusional world, thought that if Jeremy stayed here last night (tonight) that things would be normal for my daughters first day of school.  Not the way it happened.....we got in to a horrible fight and he took the kids to his sisters. Was I out of line with him? Probably. Do I regret it? Yes. Do I feel a huge sense of abandonment? Yes. Do I deserve it? probably.

Circling the wagons......

Mike Buechner pulled up. Car 56. He celebrated 24 years Saturday. Someone called my mom, who called his wife, who called him.  I ran through my front yard to hug him. See....we have history. I used to watch his kids (almost all in their 20's) when he worked nights as a young Bexley cop....he jokingly asks if I drank when I watched his kids.....I didn't then. I was too much of a nerd.

The family took me to Talbot after we grabbed a "chicken" sandwich at Wendys and a huge Diet Coke.

 I don't need to feel vindicated but knew they wouldn't take me in. Like they told me yesterday...I have to wait for a bed.

So, I am packed and ready to go and waiting to hear my phone ring to see that they have a bed. I was assured they "should".

Today, I get healthy for ME. I deserve it. You get one go round and I have wasted alot of it. Not any more.

1 comment:

  1. Good on ya, both for making the decision and doing it for YOU.

    Keep writing it out. I think journaling your experience and feelings will only be helpful on the journey.

    ReplyDelete